Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The year long relationship - Part 2 of 3

Important: this is part 2 of a trilogy, it is highly recommended that you start with Part 1.


One of the reasons why I got along with her so well, at first place, was the eye contact. Well, I am sort of a guy who doesn’t really make much of an eye contact. I don’t know why, for some reason, I really have to concentrate hard to keep eye contact; but in her case, it would just turn to a staring contest. Maybe it was the pseudo romance, or maybe puppy love, but in the beginning I thought that I get lost in her dark brown eyes. Later on, though, I felt the creeps because every time I got lost, I felt like I was staring in the dark at emptiness. Before you pass a quick judgment on this, I request you to hold on a little longer and listen to what I have to say.
Lon is almost perfect; I’d say she is perfect in all departments but one, the one that kills me. As I said she is uncomfortably hot; and she doesn’t even need any make up to be that way. You would know what I am talking about if you’d met her. Yes, that probably is the first requirement for any guy, and she more than fits the bill. But, I was fond of her more because of the enlightening sessions I had with her.
For a guy like me, who doesn’t really know why he is doing what he is doing, half the time. She had shown me my own true nature. It’s weird but, she introduced/reintroduced me to myself, and I’d also come to see her like my guru. It was she who inspired me to pick up guitar, sketching, and blogging again. Lon is the most mature girl, for her age, I have ever met. Guys’ ego usually get in the way when the girl they date are more intelligent/mature/earns more money. Not in my case though, I don’t mind her being the superior-being as long as I get to learn and improve on myself. She is, if not more, then at least as mature/intelligent/brainy as me. She usually knew what I was talking about, and she corrected me too when I was wrong or well, when I wasn’t sure about what I was talking about. Yes, it’s a fault that my friends would associate with me; I have the constant need to correct anyone/everyone for any mistake or fault of theirs, be it factual/grammatical/pronunciation/any damn ignorable mistake, it is likely to get the corrected by me. I know it’s annoying, and it was good to get my own medicine, for a change.
Looking back, I remember she also got all of my jokes and did not get annoyed at the PJs that I keep cracking every now and then, except for maybe once. During one of the movie marathons, we were watching “Enter the Dragon” and I started dishing out Bruce Lee PJ’s - Bruce Lee's favorite festival? Diwa lee, his sister-in-law's name? Saa lee.  I guess I should have been wary of her Chinese roots before cracking Lee jokes because she really got pissed, and yelled at me “Don’t ever joke about Lee, it’s my middle name, you ass!” and I was thing WTF? Okay! Okay! Anyways, by now I am sure you are wondering what the hell is wrong with me. Why is this, the last relationship and not the current one? The thing is, she's like a convex-one-way-mirror. She can see everything, but you are stuck looking at yourself - enlarged with all the faults magnified! 
Usually you can get a good idea of a person by the company they keep. But, I couldn't even use that approach, as I have not met a single friend of hers, now I suspect that she never had any. You know those hard-level puzzles in the magazines which attract you to solve them, but are too hard to crack and you give up after getting annoyed? She is like one. The problem is, in her case, you do not even have the next edition available to check out what the solution was.
It is not like I haven't tried enough to get her to open up. But every time I ask her about her past/future/friends any god damn personal thing, I get shot down by her brahmastra - silence. You just can not beat that. What are you going to pull out, silence? Good luck with that. I tried that once. It leads to what is popularly known as communication breakdown. If you think I could have been more patient with her - Well, I ran out of it, and, I AM a patient guy, I really am. A lot of my friends can vouch for that. But, she just wouldn't budge. Lon can sometimes be so irksome that she can literally drive you mad. At least with my patience I had come to know how to handle that aspect.


.... continued at Part3

4 comments:

  1. m still clueless:P Surdy the girl better be a girl..hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the maximum clue(s) till now, and I am straight as an arrow yaar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo hukum mere aaka!
    Aaj raat 12 baje se pehle aapki iccha poorti hogi!

    ReplyDelete